We help build strong companies by working with entrepreneurs to express their values and see around corners. We open doors to new networks of professionals and capital. We deploy successful entrepreneurial coaches who have been in our clients’ shoes and can help them to navigate critical transition periods.
The Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund provides tailored business coaching and entrepreneurial support to position Vermont businesses for growth and long-term success. Our clients include Vermont-based, value-added food and agricultural, forest related, renewable energy, waste management, and environmental/clean technology enterprises that are supplying products and services to a diverse marketplace.
Our team of experienced business coaches work intensively with clients in structured sessions over 12-18 months to provide support, advice, and leadership training in order to recognize ways in which they can improve the effectiveness of their business. Additionally, we help our clients explore and prepare for the right match of growth capital (e.g., debt, equity, royalty financing) for their scale and stage of business.
Our business coaching services are designed to accelerate the growth of the enterprises we work with and expand the leadership capacity of the entrepreneurs who own and manage these businesses.
We work with businesses with some or all of the following characteristics:
- Vermont-based businesses in the following sectors: sustainable agriculture and food related (e.g., value added food manufacturers), forest products (e.g., fine furniture makers), renewable energy (e.g., solar installers), environmental technologies (e.g., engineering firms), and waste systems (e.g., compost businesses);
- Owners/operators with at least three years of experience in this or a similar role;
- Businesses that have been in existence for at least three years;
- Businesses that are expecting or experiencing some kind of significant transition (e.g., revenue and/or employment growth, expanded facilities, entering new market channels, developing or expanding their management team, succession planning or implementation); and
- Business owners who value an outside perspective and a collaborative approach to their business’ and their own leadership development
Chris BaileyBio +
Peter ColeBio +
Carolyn CookeBio +
Lawrence MillerBio +
John RyanBio +
Steve VoigtBio +
VSJF business coaching services were formally known as the Vermont Agriculture Development Program and are now being called VSJF business coaching services and are available to all of the sectors we serve.
Thanks to the generous support of a grant through the Vermont Department of Economic Development’s Vermont Training Program, we are able to competitively price this service, allowing us to provide top quality advisory services at below market rates to help companies stay and grow in Vermont.