Business Management Coaching
Express your values and see around corners while building a stronger company. Access new networks of professionals and capital. Navigate critical transition periods successfully with the help of our team of successful entrepreneurial coaches who have been in your shoes.
The Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund provides tailored business management coaching, entrepreneurial support and training to position Vermont entrepreneurs for growth and long-term success. Our clients include Vermont-based, value-added food and agricultural, forest related, renewable energy, waste management, and environmental/clean technology enterprises that are supplying products and services to a diverse marketplace.
Our deeply experienced business coaches combine their collective expertise by working together intensively as two- or three-person cross-functional teams to help clients through structured monthly sessions over 12-18 month engagements. The teams provide support, advice, leadership training and access to extensive network contacts in order to help business leaders recognize ways in which they can improve the effectiveness of their business. Helping our clients explore and prepare for the right match of growth capital (e.g., debt, equity, royalty financing) for their scale and stage of business helps Vermont businesses not only survive but thrive.
Our business management coaching and training services are designed to accelerate the growth of the enterprises we work with and expand the leadership capacity of the entrepreneurs who own and manage these businesses.
We work with businesses with some or all of the following characteristics:
- Vermont-based businesses in the following sectors: sustainable agriculture and food related (e.g., value added food manufacturers), forest products (e.g., fine furniture makers), renewable energy (e.g., solar installers), environmental technologies (e.g., engineering firms), and waste systems (e.g., compost businesses);
- Owners/operators with at least three years of experience in this or a similar role;
- Businesses that have been in existence for at least three years;
- Businesses that are expecting or experiencing some kind of significant transition (e.g., revenue and/or employment growth, expanded facilities, entering new market channels, developing or expanding their management team, succession planning or implementation); and
- Business owners who value an outside perspective and a collaborative approach to their business’ and their own leadership development
Peter ColeBio +
Carolyn CookeBio +
Lawrence MillerBio +
Steve VoigtBio +
Victor MorrisonBio +
Victor currently works locally as a financial and management consultant, focusing on sustainable business strategy development and executive management coaching. Victor has served as a consultant for the Vermont Sustainable Job’s Fund’s Peer-to-Peer Collaborative Program, working with companies helping them address business strategy and management skill building. He has authored articles on a wide range of subjects such as: “Emotional Self-Control: A Leaders’ Perspective on Staying Cool under Pressure.” He is known as an effective leader and supportive coach skilled in guiding executives and team members in building trusting relationships.
Thanks to the generous support of Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets, the Vermont Department of Economic Development’s Vermont Training Program and the Vermont Housing and Conservation Board we are able to competitively price this service, allowing us to provide top quality advisory services at below market rates to help companies stay and grow in Vermont.