Just Released: Business Sense Training Series for Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners
April 03, 2023
The Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund (VSJF) released the first set of modules of its new Business Sense series, next level tools for entrepreneurs and small business owners. Business Sense is a no-fluff source of information that gets right to the heart of what small business owners need: essential tools and relevant resources to help their businesses grow. The Financial Literacy Series and the Business Operations Series are the first two modules of six planned modules to debut in 2023 to support Vermont’s small business owners and entrepreneurs.
Written by VSJF’s team of business coaches, the resource series shares their decades of experience in areas such as financials, operations, sales and marketing, human resources, leadership, and governance. Business Sense is designed to provide entrepreneurs and small business owners in various sectors with recommendations and practical advice to help their businesses not only survive but thrive.
VSJF provides tailored business management coaching, entrepreneurial support, and training to position Vermont-based entrepreneurs and small business owners in our designated market sectors – agriculture, forestry, waste management, renewable energy, and environmental technology – for growth and long-term success.
“Our business management coaching and Business Sense training series are designed to accelerate the growth of the enterprises we work with and expand the leadership capacity of the entrepreneurs who own and manage these businesses,” said VSJF Executive Director Ellen Kahler.
Business Sense Resources:
Click to access the new series modules and stay tuned in the coming weeks for the release of additional modules.
- Module 1: Financial Literacy – Just Released
- 1.1 The Importance of Financial Statements
- 1.2 The Importance of Cash Flow Statements
- 1.3 The Purpose of Business Controls
- 1.4 The Purpose of Internal Controls
- 1.5 Functional Roles and Detail on Different Levels of Enterprise Accounting
- Module 2: Business Operations – Just Released
- 2.1 Get it done. Systems and Operations
- 2.2 KPIs and Metrics
- 2.3 RASCI Chart – Who Does What?
- Module 3: Business Governance and Leadership – Coming Soon
- Module 4: Human Resources – Coming Soon
- Module 5: Marketing – Coming Soon
- Module 6: Sales – Coming Soon
The series was made possible in part by the generous support of the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets, the Vermont Farm and Forest Viability Program (a program of the Vermont Housing and Conservation Board), and the SBA Community Navigator Pilot Program, facilitating VSJF’s ability to publish the resource as another way to help companies stay and grow in Vermont.
About VSJF’s Business Management Coaching Program
The Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund provides tailored, high-touch planning, coaching, and advising for business owners and their management teams to advance profitability, job creation, and sustainable job development. Click for more information about business management coaching.
Read More Stories Like This:
- Pioneers of African Cuisine, Global Village Foods Finds Community in Vermont
- For Olivia’s Croutons Founder, Coaching is the Best Thing Since Sliced Bread
- Slowing Down to Go Fast: Luce Farm Wellness Rides the CBD Wave
- The Optimistic Caterer: Sugarsnap Keeps On Cooking
- Upper Valley Produce: COVID-19, Community, and Curbside Pick-Up